Alejandro santodomingo dating
From here all expeditions left for regions in the Americas, that’s why it was considered the “Axis of Conquest”.It was the last fortress that the Spanish built to culminate the exploration of the northern island.In 1548 the widow of Diego Columbus, Maria de Toledo prepared her will here.It is unknown to this day why the Spanish authorities abandoned this fortress so close to the river and in such a strategic place.It has also four rooms for temporary exhibitions and two conference rooms.It has a Gift Shop where you can buy souvenir alluding to the monument.Address: Isabel La Católica Street, Colonial City of Santo Domingo Built before 1562 on top of the mines from which materials were extracted to build its wall, the church was built some years after the construction of the cathedral under the supervision of Father Antonio, who also built the church in Higuey.
In 1586 it was greatly deteriorated by Sir Francis Drake along with hurricanes in 16. This was the second convent of nuns in the Dominican Republic founded by the order of Dominicans, today however is has been replaced by the order of the Mercedaria nuns.According to historians and architects the construction of this monument was during 1502-1508 and was initiated by Governor Nicolas de Ovando who personally selected the site after it was decided that the city of Santo Domingo would be transferred to the west shores of the Ozama River.The principal objective of this construction was to protect the city from pirates attacks as well as English, French and Portuguese invaders.It was opened on October 6, 1992, commemorating the centenary V.
That same day the remains were moved from Columbus to the Cathedral Mausoleum erected at the crossing of the monument.It was first Hospital in the New World and named it the Hospital of San Nicolas.